Now Enrolling for 2023
BEGIN YOUR FINANCIAL EDUCATION TODAY
3rd Decade’s financial literacy and personal finance program combines education, mentoring, and support to build financial confidence and equip young adults with the knowledge to take their financial futures in hand. If you want to learn more about how 3rd Decade is fighting for financial illiteracy in young adults, click here.
Eligibility for 3rd Decade’s Financial Education and Personal Finance Program:
- 18-35 years old at the time of application
- Individual households whose gross income is less than $75,000 or two-earner households whose gross income is less than $120,000 combined.
- Willingness and ability to save, manage debt, and start a financial plan
What The Program Requires:
- Completing 4 classes (2.5 hours each, to occur every other week).
- A timely completion of corresponding quizzes & the final exam.
- During your time in classes, you will have a larger assignment to prepare for your first meeting with a financial mentor (the Discovery Meeting). This will include filling out a detailed “Financial Profile” spreadsheet that captures your current income and expenses, and also gives you a chance to share your financial outlook and circumstances with your mentor. Additionally, you will create an account with a platform called Elements, which we use during your financial meetings to address financial health metrics and inform goal-setting.
- Attendance to all 3 meetings with your Financial Mentor. (Meeting 1: 2 hours, Meeting 2: 1 hour, and Meeting 3: 1 hour – to occur approximately 1 year apart each).